activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Klute <rainer.kl...@gmx.de>
Subject Building ActiveMQ 5 failed
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:39:22 GMT

In order to tackle AMQ-1095 I tried to build ActiveMQ from source and
followed the instructions under <http://activemq.apache.org/building.html>
except that I downloaded and installed Maven 2.0.7 instead of 2.0.4. The
ApacheMQ sources I retrieved with subversion.

When running the command "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install" I get the
following error:

[INFO] Building ActiveMQ
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin: checking for
updates from apache.incubating.releases
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: apache.incubating.releases due to an error: Error transferring
file
[INFO] Repository 'apache.incubating.releases' will be blacklisted
[INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing /data1/work/activemq/pom.xml to
/home/klute/.m2/repository/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.0-SNAPSHOT/activemq-parent-5.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] [maven-one-plugin:install-maven-one-repository {execution: default}]
[INFO] Installing /data1/work/activemq/pom.xml to
/home/klute/.maven/repository/org.apache.activemq/poms/activemq-parent-5.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building ActiveMQ :: JAAS
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

Since I have no idea about Maven any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Rainer