activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple broker instances
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:02:46 GMT
On 7/10/07, bobsponge <ruben.garcia@tecnicasdeingenieria.com> wrote:
> Hello James,
>
> I need two or more brokers working at the same time in the same machine
> because the application is composed of several machines (nodes). Every node
> belongs to a group. In general data is transferred between nodes from the
> same group, no problem. But a node can bind to another group so the same
> node can communicates with two (or more) groups. The information must
> separately persists in this node so two brokers are needed, because of the
> persistence issues...

I still don't get it; why 2 brokers in the same JVM on the same box?

Usually for high performance a broker persists to the local hard
drive; so I don't understand the benefit from having 2 different
brokers writing to 2 different directories (or even different DBs)

> I tried to configure the brokers with different names building an URI like
> this: tcp://localhost:50000?broker.brokerName=broker1 , but it didn't work
> at all.

You configure the broker names in the activemq.xml. See the brokerName
atttribute in the one that comes with the binary distro

--
James
-------