activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Need urgent VB.net help
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:37:48 GMT
On 7/2/07, pcdev <paul@pcdevelopments.co.uk> wrote:

> Greetings to you all.
> Last week I was given the task creating a VB.net program to read the
> messages out of Active MQ and place them in an SQL server database as their
> current ancient application cannot read/accept direct from the Active MQ.
>
> I have spent all week and weekend downloading various code etc etc and just
> cannot for the life of me get any of this code to work.
> Now i can program and have done this kind of thing before but having little
> knowlege of the ActiveMQ I am struggling even to make a connection to the
> ActiveMQ via vb.net
>
> Any help with a connection string or ODBC or similar would be gratefully
> appreciated before I get fired!

Any particular reason, if you're going from ActiveMQ -> a database,
that this must be written in VB?

e.g. its pretty easy to go from JMS -> a database using Camel...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

The Java code would look something like...

from("activemq:someQueue").to("jpa:myEntity");

more details:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/activemq.html
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jpa.html

you might wanna add a custom transform step in the middle to convert
the JMS message into a valid JPA POJO; for example if the JMS message
is a Text message or you want to convert from some artbirary POJO/Map
message to a JPA POJO for easy persistence
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/message-translator.html

--
James
-------