activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <>
Subject How does activemq-admin script work?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:01:11 GMT

  activemq-script can't connect to my broker:

ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute list task. Reason:
Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception
is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is: Connection refused]

I assume it just not using the right port, but it seems that activemq-admin has no options
to pass into a JMX URL.  So what is it trying to connect to by default?

  I tend to prefer to use the Sun JMX connector, rather than the one that starts by default
in ActiveMQ, as I can password protect that Sun JMX connector using the appropriate defines.

View raw message