activemq-dev mailing list archives

From pcdev <p...@pcdevelopments.co.uk>
Subject Re: Newbie Need urgent VB.net help
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:26:44 GMT

Sorry yes I agree i am being very vague, I end up posting these after a
frustrating day of this.

ok lets simplify this and change the original question, as things have
changed here.

I have a VB.net front end program which now needs to post a message into the
Linux ActiveMQ system
there is as far as I can tell 4 fields
Queue - the message queue to be delivered to
>From - the sender ID
OP - the operation
Data - the data(text string)

The vb.net front end has a simply screen which takes data from a barcode
reader and then needs to populate the 4 fields into the ActiveMQ system.

Now i can do this to a MS SQL server and an ACCESS db and even a linux MySQL
system easily but what I cannot work out is how to connect/talk/communicate
whatever the best term is to the ActiveMQ using the vb.net application.

So please if anyone can show me some source code that can do this i would be
grateful.

I have looked at springNMS and I cannot get the examples to run I get errors
such as
on this line of code -> consumer.Listener += listener.OnMessage;

it wont compile i get this error in the debug window.
Method
'Spring.messaging.nms.listener.simplemessagelistener.onmesssage(nms.imessage)'
referenced without parentheses

I have looked through lines of code and cannot find any simple code which
will open up an active MQ connection and post a message.

I have been given some DOS/command prompt java example which works but is
not helpful as it's not within the application I have developed for the
users.

Anymore info I can give you I am more that willing to help.

Sorry for being a pain, but the penny is not dropping with me on this one.