activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ArmenH <gentlehye...@netscape.net>
Subject ActiveMQ Causing OutOfMemoryError After Service Deployment in ServiceMix
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 04:14:28 GMT

We have found out that after just one service deployed on Windows ServiceMix
the memory usage jumps to 500 MB and it increases linearly after each
service deployment until ServiceMix dies with an OutOfMemoryError.

We tried increasing the heap size and it helped up to a certain number of
services deployed in the container, after that the Error happened as
expected.

We used jhat for heap analysis and found out that the following instance
usage (after just one service deployment):

1673478 instances of class org.apache.activemq.filter.DestinationMapNode
3001 instances of class
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock$NonfairSync

This is a critical issue for us.  We'd like to limit the number of instances
created on the heap. Please advise.

Regards.
Armen H.