activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Elber <shah...@hotmail.fr>
Subject Can't find differences between DispatchPolicies
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:55:48 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying the diiferent Dispatch Policies but the dispatching way is the
same.
I have 5 threads which contain one slow consumer (sleep).
My destinationPlicy is as the following:

<destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
          <policyEntry>
           <destination>
                <queue physicalName="myqueue" />
            </destination>
            <dispatchPolicy>
               <roundRobinDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
          </policyEntry>
        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
      <oldestMessageEvictionStrategy/>
    </destinationPolicy>

when I send 10000 messages, 3 threads receive 2000 messages, 1 thread
receives 2999 messages, and the slow consumer 1 message/10 s.
when I stop the receivers and restart them, one thread consumes the rest of
messages not consumed.

If I change the dispatchPolicy to strictOrderDispatchPolicy, the same
scenario will be repeated.

* I want to know if there is a solution to force other threads to consume
the messages of the slowest directly without the need to stop and restart
them(access to messages of the slowest's RAM).

* I'm not able to apply oldestMessageEvictionStrategy.

Thank you for your help.