activemq-dev mailing list archives

From bobsponge <ruben.gar...@tecnicasdeingenieria.com>
Subject Re: Multiple broker instances
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:58:23 GMT

Hello James,

I need two or more brokers working at the same time in the same machine
because the application is composed of several machines (nodes). Every node
belongs to a group. In general data is transferred between nodes from the
same group, no problem. But a node can bind to another group so the same
node can communicates with two (or more) groups. The information must
separately persists in this node so two brokers are needed, because of the
persistence issues...

I tried to configure the brokers with different names building an URI like
this: tcp://localhost:50000?broker.brokerName=broker1 , but it didn't work
at all. Looking at the activemq source code I found a class named
JmsMultipleBrokersTestSupport where brokers are named using .setName(...), I
tried and it works!
So it's possible to run more than 1 broker at the same time (but not using
vm transport, it seems to be allowed just one broker per JVM, even with
different names) with different names, as you told me.

Thank you for your help.