activemq-dev mailing list archives

From bobsponge <ruben.gar...@tecnicasdeingenieria.com>
Subject Multiple broker instances
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:21:12 GMT

Hello,

I'm developing a web application and for some reasons a multi-brokers
environment is needed. By multi-broker I mean that I need two independent
instances of brokers running, each one configured to access different queues
(with different sets of journal and db persistence schemes). I don't really
know if this is possible. Every time I run the application the first broker
is created with no problems but the second one always shows the next
exception:

javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Broker

The brokers are created with tcp transports and different ports:

tcp://localhost:30000 and tcp://localhost:30001

I've tried to change the broker names but it does not works at all...

Does any body know if it's possible to run two (or more) brokers in the same
application at the same time?

Thank you