activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] change the namespace URI in 5.0 onwards to map to spring URIs
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:21:49 GMT
There has been a fair bit of discussion along with numerous JIRAs on this.
http://www.nabble.com/Handling-XSDs-and-Spring-2-XML-processing-etc.-tf3921424s2354.html

Going forward for 5.0 it would be nice to change the namespace to use
Spring 2 namespace conventions (making it easier for users to grok the
namespace & schema locations) along with reflecting the Apache
ActiveMQ domain name; plus removing the version from the namespace
URI.

So I'm proposing to change the namespace
http://activemq.org/config/1.0

to be
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core

so that firstly it resolves to the index page of all XSD versions for
the activemq-core module; then secondly so that its more like the
spring naming convention. e.g. an actual schema location is

http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-4.1.1.xsd

e.g. a Spring 2 XML would look like this...

<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
  xsi:schemaLocation="

    http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
    http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
">

or using version numbers

<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
  xsi:schemaLocation="

    http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
    http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-4.1.1.xsd
">

There is a minor downside in folks having to change a line of their
activemq.xml; though it should make things much simpler for folks
working with Spring 2 going forward so I think its well worth the
minor pain.

Here's my +1

--
James