activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling XSDs and Spring 2 XML processing etc.
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:58:37 GMT
On 6/14/07, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Endre Stølsvik <Apache@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> > James Strachan wrote:
> > > On 6/14/07, Endre Stølsvik <Apache@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> > > So if you think it'd be more consistent we could go from
> > >
> > >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core
> > >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core-5.0.xsd

> > >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
> > >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-5.0.xsd
> > >
> > > ditto for activemq-ra, activemq-jpa et al. I guess the namespace would
> > > be a tad shorter, at the expense of the URL being a fair bit longer
> >
> > Doesn't make a huge difference, but I think the latter is nicer.
> >
> > You could have called "core" for "mq", "amq" or something. Core sounds
> > like something you have to add something to, or else it'll not work.
> > Like "kernel" - ain't much of an OS with just the kernel, right?
>
> Yeah - its a tad late for that now; its been around for years - but
> its basically the core library (the main stuff you need as opposed to
> additional stuff).
>

> > > The only downside is when folks go to
> > > http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core it'd actually contain all
> > > versions of all schemas; I don't know an easy way to fix that :).
> >
> > But that's just perfect, isn't it?!
>
> You probably don't wanna see all the versions of the "ra" module when
> looking in http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core. Thats what I mean
> :).
>
> If someone fancies writing a shell script to slurp up the files from
> the 2 directories...
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/schema/
> http://activemq.apache.org/snapshot-schema/
>
> and making a tree like...
>
> core/
>  activemq-core-4.1.1.xsd
>  activemq-core-5.0-SNAPSHOT.xsd
>
> ra/
>  activemq-ra-4.1.1.xsd
>  activemq-ra-5.0-SNAPSHOT.xsd

Actually it was pretty darn simple :)

Have this script...
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/scripts/activemq-schema-copy.sh

which does the copying.

I've just updated the site; so in about an hour you should be able to surf

http://activemq.apache.org/schema/

to show the various directories (core, ra, jpa-store) which include
all the schema versions for those modules).
--
James
-------