activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling XSDs and Spring 2 XML processing etc.
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:04:14 GMT
On 6/14/07, Endre Stølsvik <Apache@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
> > On 6/14/07, Endre Stølsvik <Apache@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> > So if you think it'd be more consistent we could go from
> >
> >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core
> >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core-5.0.xsd

> >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
> >  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-5.0.xsd
> >
> > ditto for activemq-ra, activemq-jpa et al. I guess the namespace would
> > be a tad shorter, at the expense of the URL being a fair bit longer
>
> Doesn't make a huge difference, but I think the latter is nicer.
>
> You could have called "core" for "mq", "amq" or something. Core sounds
> like something you have to add something to, or else it'll not work.
> Like "kernel" - ain't much of an OS with just the kernel, right?

Yeah - its a tad late for that now; its been around for years - but
its basically the core library (the main stuff you need as opposed to
additional stuff).

> > The only downside is when folks go to
> > http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core it'd actually contain all
> > versions of all schemas; I don't know an easy way to fix that :).
>
> But that's just perfect, isn't it?!

You probably don't wanna see all the versions of the "ra" module when
looking in http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core. Thats what I mean
:).

If someone fancies writing a shell script to slurp up the files from
the 2 directories...

http://activemq.apache.org/schema/
http://activemq.apache.org/snapshot-schema/

and making a tree like...