activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling XSDs and Spring 2 XML processing etc.
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:59:06 GMT
On 6/14/07, Albert Strasheim <13640887@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, James Strachan wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >
> > B) Lousy URLs for the XSDs. We've now got all the XSDs available at
> > simpler URLs:
> >
> > releases of XSDs appear here...
> > http://activemq.apache.org/schema/
> >
> > such as
> > http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core-4.1.1.xsd
> >
> > and snapshot schemas appear here
> > http://activemq.apache.org/snapshot-schema/
> >
> > such as
> > http://activemq.apache.org/snapshot-schema/activemq-core-5.0-SNAPSHOT.xsd
>
> Is there a good reason to encode the word "snapshot" into the URLs
> twice? I'm guessing it might make deployment easier, but other than that
> it just seems slightly unnecessary.

Mostly as snapshot-schema/ is a symlink to the snapshot repo :)

If someone can figure out some .htaccess ninja to remove it, am cool with that.

> Consider a person looking at some XML file with the goal of changing
> the version without the aid of any extra documentation. They know 4.1.1
> is a version. They know 5.0-SNAPSHOT is a version. So they make the
> change, only to find it doesn't work, because they need an extra
> "snapshot" in there somewhere.

Yeah. This is mostly because snapshots are deployed to a totally
different repo than non-snapshots.

If anyone knows a nice way to solve it am all ears.

I guess we could just run a cron script to copy the XSDs from their
respective places in the various repos; and put them in whatever tree
structure we want? Anyone fancy taking a stab? :)

--
James
-------