activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection Factory Problem
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:59:34 GMT
On 6/12/07, hardikphd <hardik_phd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am facing problem in getting connection factory.
>
> basically, I have single consumer queue and many server (providers)
> providing message to same queue, After receiving message from any of server,
> Consumer has to send back one more message back to same server.

So you could use the JMSReplyTo header using a temporary queue for the
destination to use for nodes to reply to (to ensure messages go back
to the same node)

http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

However what happens if the server is taken down; what should the
consumer do (as the temporary queue would no longer exist). You could
use a real queue per server (and then assume that at some point the
server will come back and carry on).

Another approach is to use Message Groups as an alternative to the
JMSReplyTo (so using the JMSXGroupID to mark a 'conversation'); which
would mean if a server dies, another server would take over for all
future messages in a specific conversation (or value of JMSXGroupID on
a message)

http://activemq.apache.org/message-groups.html

> I am using Tomcat 5.5 and consumer and providers are running on different
> tomcat (or machine)
>
> Now, I dont want to configure Connectionfactory for each server specifying
> broker uri of server at consumer's server 's xml file.
>
> Anyway to achieve this functionality?

I don't quite understand this part. You typically only need a single
broker; so just configure the ConenctionFactory's brokerURL to point
to where your're running the broker. If you don't wanna use that you
could use multicast discovery to find the broker (though be very
careful development, testing & production don't accidentally find each
other!)

--
James
-------