activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebConsole in embedded mode
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:09:04 GMT
On 6/9/07, Mario Siegenthaler <mario.siegenthaler@gmail.com> wrote:
> James, you have configured to run the webconsole in the embedded mode
> within the activemq.xml ('standalone' activemq). Why don't we use the
> invm-mode of the webconsole there? I think it's the correct usage of
> this mode as we don't want to start a second broker but use the one
> that's been started in the VM. What is the benefit of the embedded
> mode in this case?

The inVM only works if someone has already started a broker and its
started before the inVM tries to find it.

Or to say that another way; I tried the inVM and couldn't get it to
work; so took the easy route and created the embedded config file
which works as it used to :)

It should be easy to switch to inVM though if you want.

> Aside from that the webconsole-embedded contains an error with the
> queueBrowser and the message query (spring-cleanup does not work and
> it leaves consumers open). I'll submit a patch for this as soon as
> I've got my head cleared about the invm-mode :)

Ah great, sorry about that! :)
--
James
-------