activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Siegenthaler" <mario.siegentha...@gmail.com>
Subject JMS authentication in the embedded web-console
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:27:10 GMT
Hi
Tom pointed out the problem with the web console and a secured
JMS-connection. While it's already possible to configure that over
JNDI and straightforward to make that configurable via
system-properties, this will be an issue for the in-vm jetty, that's
started with the broker. We'd require the user to set a user/password
to connect to the invm-broker. IMO this is quite a hassle (the same
thing is true for the console, this thing in fact kills the broker
because it can't startup because it gets a invalid username/password
exception).
The easiest thing'd be to allow vm:// connections without checking for
username/password. The problem with this approach is certainly that
the policy check on the queues/topics'd have to be ignored.

Any thoughts on this topic? I'll be happy to write a patch as soon as
I know the way we want to go.

Mario