activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Siegenthaler" <mario.siegentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebConsole in embedded mode
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:46:43 GMT
> The inVM only works if someone has already started a broker and its
> started before the inVM tries to find it.
> Or to say that another way; I tried the inVM and couldn't get it to
> work; so took the easy route and created the embedded config file
> which works as it used to :)

I'll try to add some code that waits until the broker is completely
started. There might be an issue if the 'startup-script' tries to
start the jetty/webconsole before it's completely started the broker.
I never run into that till now, but it might be environment/multi-core
specific.

What'd you guys think if we'd let maven build multiple webconsole-wars
depending on the usage scenario:
* JNDI in a Webcontainer: jndi-mode and not including the ActiveMQ and JMS jars
* Property-based configuration in a Webcontainer: system-property-mode
and including all jars
* InVM Mode: For startup within the broker or the way Dejan used it.
* Embedded Mode: Starts an own broker, contains all jars.

The 'user' then could chose the war-variant that fits it usage
scenario and wouldn't have to mess around with jars in the
WEB-INF/lib..
I think this would be easy to do with playing with Maven-Assemblies a bit.

Mario