activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mario Siegenthaler (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AMQ-1281) Better WAR building for the WebConsole
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:29:33 GMT


Mario Siegenthaler commented on AMQ-1281:

Actually the JNDI stuff only comes into play when using the standalone war. The maven jetty:run
uses the embedded-version [specified with system-properties within the pom] and the broker-startup
script (activemq) uses the in-vm version [the default.xml gets replaced in the assembly-project].

IMO for a "standalone" webapp there are only two usefull configurations: system-properties
based and jndi, since you will already be running a broker in a different vm. And becaue of
the "configuration-variant" can only be specified with system properties I chose the JNDI
one as the 'better' default, because you'll have to set system-properties anyway if you're
using system-property-based-configuration (argh, that sound way more complicated than it is

> Better WAR building for the WebConsole
> --------------------------------------
>                 Key: AMQ-1281
>                 URL:
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Broker
>         Environment: any
>            Reporter: Mario Siegenthaler
>         Attachments: webconsole-patch.txt
> The webconsole can be deployed in any webcontainer and is also started by default within
the broker. However the building and configuration process is unclear.
> * To resolve that issue I added some documentation about how to run the war in an external
servlet container and changed some default setting. Also I changed the version that is started
within the broker to the invm version instead of the 'custom' configuration that was previously
included in the assembly/src/release/webapp/WEB-INF.
> * The maven jetty:run on the web-console project will still start up the embedded version,
but I fixed the bug that caused it to leak sessions (switched to the spring-2.0 syntax for
the configuration file).
> * I removed some JARs from the WEB-INF/lib of the war because they should be provided
by the servlet container. This affects some specifications (JMX, JMS), the activation-jar
and, most important, the activemq-core jar.
> I hope this does the job and makes the deployment experience for the users easier.
> Note: I had some problems putting together the patch as my subversion (or my inability
to communicate with it) insisted on leaving out some files I created :) I think they're all
in now, but I'm not sure. So if anything is missing... :)

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message