activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <Apa...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Handling XSDs and Spring 2 XML processing etc.
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:31:26 GMT
> The current URI is
> http://activemq.org/config/1.0
>
> it might be better to use
> http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core
>
> then it'd look more natural in spring docs?
>
> <beans
>  xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
>  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>  xsi:schemaLocation="
>
>  http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>  http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
>
>  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core
>  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core.xsd">

a) Note that you do NOT look like spring in this suggestion. Look at my
comments in 1016. The point is that spring, as you can see directly
above in your own paste, has as namespace URI a path to the directory
_of the instance_ XSD, which means that both are correct URLs. Your
suggestion translates to NOT being able to cut'n'paste that into a
browser and actually get a 200 back.

> or
>
>  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core
>  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core-5.0.xsd">
>
> if folks wanna put a version number in?

How on earth should things work if you aren't specific?!

See, lots of installations will run on 4.1.2 even when you are releasing
version 10.69.84. And I bet there will be differences in the config XSD
at that point. So how would this work out when I specify the
non-versioned file?

I've commented on 1276.

Also, as a final thought, I don't get the reason for "-core" - isn't
that just five unnecessary letters, literally kludging up the otherwise
nice URI? So, what's "non-core"? Is there a "cooler"? .. or are there
"optionals"?

Kind regards,
Endre.