activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis Byrne" <dennisby...@apache.org>
Subject permission to refactor the chat demo
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:30:24 GMT
I'm putting together a REST adapter for that will run w/in activemessaging
[1] .  The activemessaging gateway polls the broker (via the ajax servlet
behind /demo/amq) and dispatches messages to ruby consumers.  The
dispatching logic requires the destination name to be somewhere in the
response.  Do any of you have an objection to changing the demo so that the
destination name is in a response header?  I would prefer this to be in the
header rather than the body so that the adapter could be used to consume
from other REST services w/out being tied to the details of the body
format.  For the same reason, I'd like to move the destination name from the
body of the POST requests to an HTTP header as well, so that rails
application developers do not need to code this into the bodies of
to-be-sent-messages.

I'm using a three day old apache-activemq-4.2-SNAPSHOT .

[1] http://code.google.com/p/activemessaging/wiki/ActiveMessaging

--
Dennis Byrne