activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dejan Bosanac" <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: WebConsole in embedded mode
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:16:21 GMT
On 6/11/07, Mario Siegenthaler <mario.siegenthaler@gmail.com> wrote:

We'd need the in-VM variant to run directly in the standalone broker
> (that one isn't that big anyway because it doesn't include the
> amq-jars) and another one for jndi/property configuration (defaulting
> to jndi, because if you want to configure via System-properties it's
> easy to just specify another one).

I just zipped my extracted webapp folder and it's 2 MB large

The second one would be used for
> JMX remote access to the broker and will not include the amq-jars as
> they are put in the common/lib (or whatever they call it) directory of
> the web-container.
> This way the release would be that same size as it's now.
>
> Just saw Dejans mail: We could of course also include another way to
> configure it directly via the web.xml, it'd be easy. I didn't include
> it before because I always see a war as kinda 'unmodifiable' during
> deployment (you shouldn't need to touch the war during deployment).

Yes, this is definitely not a good approach for war archives, but could help
when the application is extracted to the directory.

Regards,
Dejan