activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dejan Bosanac" <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: WebConsole in embedded mode
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:51:52 GMT
Hi,

I've recently integrated web console in one of my projects, some of the
impressions are:

http://www.nighttale.net/onjava/integrating-activemq-web-console.html

Summarized:

* default webconsole-embedded.xml does not do the job (as it is starting its
own broker). As Mario suggested, default invm configuration or version of
embbeded configuration that is included in ActiveMQ assembly process would
do the job.

* I didn't want to use the whole war, but to extract the console inside my
application. I found that most of the JARs are already in my classpath, so I
excluded them in the extraction process. Also, if it is not done so, there
are some classloading problems that I've experienced. If in the assembly
process we create one archive that is prepared for this purpose, more people
would be using it?

* I think that ActiveMQ could benefit from version 2.2 of the maven-assembly
plugin, as it supports excluding of resources from the war archive. It would
make assembly process cleaner (for the purpose of integrating web console).

Regards,
Dejan