activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <...@samplonius.org>
Subject Re: Too many "-"s problem
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 01:42:06 GMT
Hiram,

  I have switched back to Derby already.

  If you want to re-create this problem:

* Post a lot of messages to a queue (150,000).  Enough to cause Kaha to switch to fill data-1
and roll over to data-2.

* Consume some messages.  I'm not sure how many is required.  I normally happen to consume
about 100,000.

* Kill -9 the java process, while you are consuming messages.  This is intended to simulate
a power failure of the ActiveMQ node.

* Start ActiveMQ again, which predictable starts a Kaha recovery.  This takes a while.  On
my slow server, it takes about 20 minutes.  It normally see the recovery process remove data-1,
as it did not contain any unconsumed messages.

* Produce one new message for queue, and it crashes right away.