activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Strasheim <>
Subject Re: Handling XSDs and Spring 2 XML processing etc.
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:17:33 GMT
Hello all

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, James Strachan wrote:

> <snip>
> B) Lousy URLs for the XSDs. We've now got all the XSDs available at
> simpler URLs:
> releases of XSDs appear here...
> such as
> and snapshot schemas appear here
> such as

Is there a good reason to encode the word "snapshot" into the URLs
twice? I'm guessing it might make deployment easier, but other than that
it just seems slightly unnecessary.

Consider a person looking at some XML file with the goal of changing
the version without the aid of any extra documentation. They know 4.1.1
is a version. They know 5.0-SNAPSHOT is a version. So they make the
change, only to find it doesn't work, because they need an extra
"snapshot" in there somewhere.

View raw message