activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] separate Camel mailing lists?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 13:28:08 GMT
On 5/15/07, Christopher G. Stach II <cgs@ldsys.net> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
> > The volume of Camel related mails are rising and increasingly Camel
> > folks are talking about stuff thats unrelated to ActiveMQ. Given how
> > busy the ActiveMQ lists are (particularly the user lists) I'm starting
> > to worry about missing Camel related traffic in the deluge of ActiveMQ
> > related user mail.
> >
> > So I'm thinking its worth having separate mailing lists for Camel
> > related traffic which would also ease the email burden on forks using
> > either code bases.
>
> It would also be nice to separate .NET and CPP from Java. :)

Its a nice idea; though am a bit worried that Java developers working
on the broker might forget to read about issues of the C++ or .Net
code; so am keen to keep the client libraries and Java broker mails on
the same list. Lets keep an eye on it though and if it gets too much
we could consider it.

BTW it might be worth using the [nms] and [cms] prefixes on subjects
of mails about NMS/CMS so folks can exclude stuff using mailing list
rules.

--
James
-------