activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject [camel] Reorganisation of the maven projects into directories?
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 07:46:26 GMT
We've already got quite a few modules in subversion & we are starting
to use lots of snippets on the wiki. I figured now was agood time to
ponder about the directory layout (the sooner we finalise on a layout
the better as it avoids hours wasted updating the wiki).

We could do things like servicemix & CXF where we have some top level
directories to group maven projects together.

I'm wondering about something like this...

camel-core/
  // the core root module

components/
  camel-jms
  camel-mail
  camel-spring

examples/
   camel-example-jms-file/

tooling/
  camel-eclipse/
  maven-plugins/
  ..

apache-camel/
  // the assembly

itests/
  // integration testing stuff?

Am liking the idea of leaving camel-core in the root; firstly as the
huge amounts of javadoc & snippet macro links wouldn't have to change
- but also its pretty much the core folks should start with before
moving onto other modules.

Thoughts?

--
James