activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tab...@twcny.rr.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Support on VS2002/VS2003
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 11:13:55 GMT
No, the code doesn't currently support being built as a windows DLL

Rakesh Kumar wrote:
> Thanks for the reply...
>   One more question, can we create shared library for the ActiveMQ-cpp rather than static
libs. does makefiles provided in the source has this facility. if not what need to be done
to configure it to create dll.

>   Many thanks in advance.
>
> Timothy Bish <tabish@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
>   Not much you can do other than figure out what the MS equivalent 64bit
> int is and replace long long with that.
>
> Rakesh Kumar wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>> Thanks for your reply. I tried to build ActiveMQ-cpp using VS2002 library but it
contains data types long long. which i think is not supported in VS2002, can you please guide
me what should i do to make it work in this case.

>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Timothy Bish wrote:
>> We can't support those tools officially as we don't have access to those
>> tools, VC2005 express is free, the others require a license. You are
>> welcome to try and create a 2003 project using the 2005 settings as a
>> guide, contributions are always welcomed.
>>

>> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 09:50 +0100, Rakesh Kumar wrote:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>> I want to build ActiveMQ-cpp Client version 1.0 using VS2002/VS2003 on Windows
but, no VS project has been provided for that (only 2005 VS project has been provided). Want
to make sure if it is suppported for these compilers so that i can try compiling using these.

>>> Thanks in advance.

>>> Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download CHAT?
Here's a solution!