activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Anthrope>
Subject Persistence Adaptor Design
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 21:32:30 GMT

    I've finished writing a persistence adaptor to Berkeley DB and am
beginning to test it out. My design is largely based on that of the existing
adaptors (JDBC, Kaha and Memory in particular). Things are working quite
nicely, with the exception that the beginTransaction(), commitTransaction()
and abortTransaction() methods on my persistence adaptor do not ever get

     Can someone shed any light on when these methods get called? (FWIW, I
am using the MemoryTransaction store as my Transaction store). The other
question I have is the invocation of the shutdown hook. Since I am in
development, I have to continually kill the activemq process, and notice
that the shutdown hook doesn't always get called, which can be a bit
problematic. Is there some logic that determines whether or not the shutdown
hooks get invoked?

Thanks much in advance,