activemq-dev mailing list archives

From northshorefiend <spam...@JamesAshepherd.com>
Subject WebClient and multiple chat client
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 18:52:08 GMT

As many before me, I'm sure, I tried the activemq-web-demo chat client and
found that you only get one working chat client per HttpSession.

I'm new to ActiveMQ, but has anyone tried something like optionally having
amq(.js) instances having a UID on birth and passing that to
MessageListenerServlet, which uses a corresponding instance of WebClient
stored in the HttpSession.

Seems to me this would enable the MesssageListenerServlet to know which amq
instance it was replying to, and each WebClient would acting on behalf of a
single amq instance.

I assume this behaviour may not be wanted by most users, but apart from
that, am I missing any asynchronous consequences?

If this is sensible I might try putting together a patch.