activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load Balancer configuration
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:23:51 GMT
It seems kinda strange to use a ping on a totally separate socket to
decide if another socket can be used. Sounds like a crappy load
balancer to me; can't you just disable the pointless ping and let the
load balancer use a broker/socket until it becomes unresponsive? If
you must have some kinda ping, it should be trivial to write your own
ping POJO and add it to the broker as an interceptor or a Spring bean
(since the ping has nothing at all to do with the broker, its just a
test that the VM is still running)

--

James
-------