activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: RA properties
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:47:03 GMT
Hi Jason,

> I'm confused... why would folks change the ra.xml... this is supposed
> to define the resource adapter and how it can be configured via
> vendor configuration files.  I would not expect users to need to
> change the file bundled in the rar itself.

I can't comment why the J2EE spec choose to recommend folks package
the component implementation and configuration together in the same
rar, but in general this problem even applies to J2EE jars.

> Is there any reason why the extra resource adapter configuration
> properties are not properly defined?

only required properties are required in the xml.

> My guess is that many users don't need that extra configuration or
> are not using standard J2EE configuration (ie. just using spring etc).

Um. yes.. but still fail to see why it's a bug.  the connector spec
states that you only need to configured required properties via the
RA.xml.. and we have done that.

--
Regards,
Hiram