activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram \(LNG-DAY\)" <vikram.dha...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: Load Balancer configuration
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:06:38 GMT
Hey James,

BTW... I just wanted to let you know that I am not overcrowding the same
socket. Clients are connecting on 61616 and 61613 and I am using 61617
for load balancer ping.

I will appreciate your help, if you can suggest me what is the ideal way
to configure AMQ in this type of environment.

Thanks!

Vik

Hi James,

Actually my AMQ clients are connecting to a VIP which is the load
balancers IP, and load balancer wants to ping and checks the AMQ
instance status before it routes the client call. That's why Load
balancer is sending ping to AMQ instances.

Any idea, how should I configure AMQ instances.

Thanks!

Vik

The ActiveMQ client sends ping commands anyway, so why does the load
balancer need to shove stuff down the same socket?

On 4/9/07, Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) <vikram.dhawan@lexisnexis.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to configure multiple AMQ instances with a Load balancer
> configuration for High availability. Load balancer I am using wants to
> Ping AMQ instances to do the keep-alive check.  I tried to set that
> keep-alive port to 61617/61616. every time Load Balancer pings, AMQ
> throws exception because this is not a real OpenWire/SSL
communication;

--

James
-------