activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram \(LNG-DAY\)" <>
Subject Load Balancer configuration
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:44:04 GMT

I am trying to configure multiple AMQ instances with a Load balancer
configuration for High availability. Load balancer I am using wants to
Ping AMQ instances to do the keep-alive check.  I tried to set that
keep-alive port to 61617/61616. every time Load Balancer pings, AMQ
throws exception because this is not a real OpenWire/SSL communication;
but this approach works for few Hrs.

But after some time AMQ gets tired of this ping and throws OutofMemory
exception. I guess AMQ is growing in memory every time it throws the
connection exception and not cleaning up properly.

My question is how to manage such a configuration where AMQ's are
configured behind a load balancer.