activemq-dev mailing list archives

From hyqgod <hyq...@163.com>
Subject what'r the meanings of transportConnector and networkConnector ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:13:23 GMT

i 'm a new guy of ActiveMQ, now i'm reading XML deployment descriptor for
configurating the ActiveMQ Message Broker. when i reached some text below:
        <transportConnectors>
              <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://localhost:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
              <transportConnector name="ssl"
uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
              <transportConnector name="stomp"
uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
              <transportConnector name="xmpp"
uri="xmpp://localhost:61222"/>
        </transportConnectors>
        <networkConnectors>
             <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
            <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)" failover="true"/>
         </networkConnectors>

 i can't understand what are the meanings of transportConnector and
networkConnectors object, i tried to find the explanations from api-docs,but
got nothing. could anyone can help me to explain these or give me some
useful links? thanks very much!
By the way, i doubt whether i can replace the "localhost" with another ip
address? and what does " discoveryUri" means?