activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Strasheim <13640...@sun.ac.za>
Subject AMQCPP Openwire much slower than Stomp?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:51:07 GMT
Hello all

We started doing some tests with Openwire in our AMQCPP applications
today and we've noticed that Openwire seems to be much slower than Stomp
(anywhere from 3 to 20 times) for the simple case of sending messages of
a few kB in size from a single producer to a topic with no consumers.

We're using the same broker, same everything -- the only thing we change
is the broker URL used by the C++ application.

Has anyone else done any Stomp vs Openwire benchmarks with the latest
AMQCPP from trunk or with the 2.0 RC?

Thanks!

Regards,

Albert