activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Anthrope ...@anthrope.com>
Subject Creating New Persistence Adaptor
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:09:36 GMT

Hello,
     I am in the process of building a SleepyCat adaptor for ActiveMQ. The
package under which I am putting the code is org/apache/activemq/store/bdb .
I started out by creating a separate Maven project, and was able to build
the project successfully. I configured the persistenceAdapter entry (called
bdbPersistenceAdaptor) in my activemq.xml appropriately, and copied the jar
file (called activemq-bdb-adaptor.jar) to $ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib. However, I
couldn't run activemq, the reason being that xbean was not able to find its
mapping for the bdbPersistenceAdaptor. I am guessing that xbean was unable
to find the xbean mapping file in the classpath.

     I got around this by copying my code tree into the activemq-core source
tree and building from there. I think this has the benefit of actually
allowing the XSD for activemq.xml to reflect the possibility of an element
called bdbPersistenceAdaptor (instead of the xs:any I would have to use if I
compiled the project separately). However, I'd like to see if I can build my
adaptor separately and add it as a separate jar file for activemq. Any ideas
on how I can get my xbean class mapping file to be found on the classpath?

Thanks much in advance,
Prashanth