activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's happening with BlobMessage...
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:05:11 GMT
On 3/22/07, Aleksi Kallio <aleksi.kallio@csc.fi> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with DefaultBlobUploadStrategy to allow uploading of
> large files and other blobs to a file server and then passing the URL
> with a BlobMessage.

Great work BTW! :)

>  I've emailed sources (nothing fancy, just a couple
> of classes) directly to James Strachan.

Many thanks, patches committed.

> I guess sending source code
> files to this list is recommended?

Its often easier with source code (as it doesn't always get through
mailng list filters) to attach it to a JIRA and post a link on the dev
list

> I have written a small test for DefaultBlobUploadStrategy. After looking
> at existing test code it seems that tests are not written againts a real
> broker ie. no messages are actually sent? My test is written in a
> similar fashion but it assumes that a real file server is available.
> Test also depends on a file being available. I'd appreciate suggestions
> on how these dependencies should be handled.

I guess for test cases, we could use the local file system; or use an
embedded Jetty server maybe?

> The plan was to use embedded Jetty as a file server. It did not support
> all this, so I have contributed appropriate servlet filter to add needed
> functionality. It will be in the next release of Jetty.

I wonder if the changes managed to get into 6.1.2rc2. Or at least make
it by 6.1.2rc3.

>  I've also
> written a filter to add filename rewriting so that using message ID's as
> filenames should not be a problem. Currently it only does
> filename.replace(":", "_"), is that enough?

Yeah I think thats all thats required.

> I'll bundle these to a webapp that provides file serving and can be
> placed to an embedded Jetty server.

Great! :)

The assembly module now embeds a Jetty server with /admin and /demo
web apps. So it'll be easy to write a little web app for file handling
(maybe /file ?) and add to the assembly.

So we should probably start a maven module like activemq-web-file
(can't think of a better name :) which can include the web.xml and any
filters/servlets required for the uploading etc. We could then in the
test case, boot up jetty hosting the web.xml and use that as the
server to test out the upload strategy?

--

James
-------