activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HeadsUp] Camel library for POJO based routing...
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:47:02 GMT
> Sounds good.
> I will try to see how it fits with ServiceMix ...
> There are a few problems that may need some changes.
> For example, support for different MEPs: JBI defines strict
> meps (InOnly, InOut, etc...) that need to be known when the
> exchange is created, so I guess we will need an additional
> parameter when creating the exchange to specify if we expect
> a response or not ....

Yeah, we might need to have a few different createExchange() methods
on some endpoints (like JBI or CXF). One of the things I hoped was
that we can have typesafe exchange and endpoints to totally expose the
full features of the underlying bus. e.g. JbiExchange and JbiEndpoint
should expose all of the JBI APIs; ditto for Http, CXF, JMS etc. For
JBI in particular but also for CXF too; there's the added complexity
of fitting in with the component/endpoint container & lifecycle model
though am sure we can get that working given time

Though I'm pretty confident though we'll find some gremlins along the
way as we try use Camel in ServiceMix, CXF or Servlets :). The one
thing in our favour though is the Exchange and Endpoint types are
pretty vague and pluggable, so I'm sure we can come up with, say, a
JBI specific exchange API which works great with JBI - then once we've
got a few endpoints that support InOut/InOnly we can see if we can
pull a bit more stuff back into the Camel core.

--

James
-------