activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject [HeadsUp] Camel library for POJO based routing...
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:04:33 GMT
While hungover and stuck on a train I hacked up a little POJO library
I've wanted for a while - an easy way to route stuff around JMS using
a simple Java DSL and ultimately for easily creating Enterprise
Integration Patterns in pure Java...

http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/routes.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/eip.html

its still very much work in progress though!  The basic idea is to use
Java rather than XML (shock horror!) for creating routing rules and to
use generics to make it easy to work with JMS messages directly or to
work with other kinds of message like HTTP, JBI or JAX-WS etc

I'm still tinkering with it to get the JMS stuff working nicely.  I've
kept the JMS stuff separate (in camel-jms) so that the camel-core.jar
has minimal dependencies so hopefully we might be able to reuse this
library on other projects like ServiceMix and CXF

Ultimately I'd like to make it easy to drop JMS routes on the
classpath which could be automatically embedded in the broker, or
enabled in any Spring XML file to simplify the JMS processing for end
users.

I'll post more details as things start to settle down...

As usual, feedback greatly appreciated!
--

James
-------