activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: BlobMessage support for sending out-of-band BLOBs (was Re: FileMessage: we would like to contribute
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:52:02 GMT
BTW I've just patched trunk so that the activemq broker in the binary
distro now includes an embedded Jetty broker (which is easy to disable
via the activemq.xml if folks don't want it).

This also means we now have the web-console running at

We should be able to host any other web app in ActiveMQ by default -
such as for hosting a RestServlet for uploading & serving up arbitrary
files. We just need to add a new web app here...

On 2/28/07, James Strachan <> wrote:
> On 2/28/07, Aleksi Kallio <> wrote:
> >
> > James Strachan wrote:
> > > I guess the first thing to do is test things work with some external
> > > file/web server, then we can try out the embedded Jetty server (in the
> > > broker or producer)
> >
> > I'm now working with DefaultBlobUploadStrategy against Jetty server,
> > using plain URLConnection. Hopefully I'll have some working code and
> > tests as soon as possible!
> Awesome! :)
> I had a bit of a look at the Jetty code and it doesn't seem to have a
> simple 'file servlet' for supporting GET/PUT/DELETE of files in a
> directory; so I was thinking we could contribute one to the Jetty6
> tree and reuse that. e.g. maybe use the DefaultServlet in Jetty (which
> does GET fine) then add PUT/DELETE support
> --
> James
> -------

View raw message