activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can get the number of consumers on a queue
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:38:39 GMT
On 3/9/07, Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) <vikram.dhawan@lexisnexis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a direct way using OpenWire Client API to get the number of
> consumers attached to a Queue at a given point of time? I know it can be
> done using JMX API but I was wondering if it can be done using Open Wire
> client api.

4.2 has a command agent...
http://activemq.apache.org/command-agent.html

which can be used for sending simple text commands to the broker and
getting replies - such as to enquire about queue depths and the like.

There's also advisory messages...
so you can listen to the operation of the broker, seeing new
destinations, consumers, producers etc.

However we've never yet wrapped up a little easy API folks can use on
the client to easily view the available destinations and get their
stats etc.

Sounds like this would be a useful addition!

--

James
-------