activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Reply to message not being recieved...
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 22:51:32 GMT
doh.. that's such a common problem that we have this faq entry:

if you ever want to consume a message from a connection you need to
first need to call connection.start(), to publish it is not needed.
Why do we even have to do a connection.start() ?  I think it was put
in place so that folks that use async MessageListeners from hurting
them selfs.  You can basically create a connection, session, consumer,
listener, and continue configuring stuff for the consumer without
worrying that the connection will start delivering messages to the
listener that is still being configured.  Once everything is
configured, the user would call start()

--
Regards,
Hiram