activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram \(LNG-DAY\)" <vikram.dha...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: AMQ Shared File System problem
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:59:23 GMT
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure AMQ Master/Slave using Shared File system. I
> created Journal dir on a NFS mount and trying to run AMQ on two
servers
> with NFS mounted on them. At the startup time AMQ is hanging, I am not
> sure if this is working.

Does the first broker you start hang, or just the slave waiting for the
lock?

Vik: Yeah first broker starts and hangs, I haven't even started slave
yet. I am using NFS share as a shared File System. My first doubt was
may be AMQ doesn't like NFS. But I may have found some issues with my
NFS configuration, which may or may not be related to this problem.

> Can someone tell me if AMQ can use NFS as a
> shared file system or not?

We've not done any testing with it; its really all down to the file
locking; if that works we're good to go

Vik: well then this will be good test case I assume :-).

--

James
-------