activemq-dev mailing list archives

From rajdavies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subscription forwarding
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:13:39 GMT

NetworkConnectors establish a connection between brokers. They are owned by a
parent broker, and are currently one-way.
e.g.

Broker A -- Network --> Broker B

The Network on BrokerA asks for subscription notifcations from BrokerB, and
depending on the type of Network Connector (Conduit, DurableConduit,
DemandForwarding etc) it will register proxy subscriptions on behalf of
BrokerB with BrokerA.
To avoid messages and subscriptions - going in infinite loops in non-acylic
networks, subscription notifications and messages have a networkTTL (default
= 1)  - which is the number of hops permitted before the
message/subscription notification is discarded.

cheers,

Rob