activemq-dev mailing list archives

From alaa_nobani <alaa_nob...@maktoob.com>
Subject Error in using ActiveMQ with tomcat 5.5
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:04:26 GMT

Hi, I am new to ActiveMQ and tried to integrate it with tomcat 5.5 so I
copied all the necessary JARS to the common/lib directory in tomcat then I
added a  META-INF/context.xml to my web application directory contaning:
<Context antiJARLocking="true">
    <Resource
        name="jms/ConnectionFactory"
        auth="Container"
        type="org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
        description="JMS Connection Factory"
        factory="org.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
        brokerURL="ssl://localhost:61616"
        brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker"
        useEmbeddedBroker="false"/>

    <Resource name="jms/topic/MyTopic"
        auth="Container"
        type="org.activemq.message.ActiveMQTopic"
        factory="org.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
        physicalName="MY.TEST.FOO"/>
</Context>

then I tried to use it in a servlet like this :

InitialContext initCtx = new InitialContext();
    Context envContext = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
    ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
envContext.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory");
    Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
    Session session = connection.createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
    MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer((Destination)
envContext.lookup("jms/topic/MyTopic"));

    Message testMessage = session.createMessage();
    testMessage.setStringProperty("testKey", "testValue");
    producer.send(testMessage);

When I request the servlet the following exception comes up:
javax.naming.NamingException: Could not load resource factory class [Root
exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory]

So what is wrong and what I should I do else???

thanks.