activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject use of DisableMessageID in JMS, NMS, and CMS
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:45:24 GMT
Hey guys,
I've been trying to track down an issue (
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP-80) where AMQ-CPP fails when
message IDs are disabled.  It turns out, the broker throws a NULL pointer
exception when we don't include a message ID object as part of the message
(I can include the stack trace if anyone's interested).

Looking at the Java code, it appears that the disableMessageID flag is
always ignored - the message id is always added to the message.  Is this the
case?

If so, I believe the .NET client may have the same problem that AMQ-CPP
does, since we copied the code from it.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks,
Nate