activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.1.1 Release Candidate 1 is up for evaluation
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 00:39:43 GMT
I really love how you guys have used Confluence to show your release
details.  I hope that one day G will follow this pattern.

Any idea why the {jiraissues} icons are all whack?  I get [?] for
each of them :-(

  * * *

Some minor things...

apache-activemq-4.1.1/docs/index.html still points to http://
incubator.apache.org/projects/activemq.html

Running `bin/activemq` makes an 'activemq-data' directory (peer to
'bin')... the 'data' directory does not appear to be used (though it
ships with an empty active.log file).

I imagine you might want to either drop the 'data/' dir from the
dist, or change activemq*.xml to use:

     dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"

Though even with ^^^ set, an activemq-data directory is still created
which contains the activemq.log file.

I suggest that you make a property like activemq.data (if you don't
already) and use that for the log4j.properties... instead of:

     log4j.appender.out.file=${activemq.base}/activemq-data/activemq.log

use this:

     log4j.appender.out.file=${activemq.data}/activemq.log

--jason