activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Mittler, Nathan" <nathan.mitt...@sensis.com>
Subject RE: Patch to use OSSP uuid library with activemq-cpp
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:35:32 GMT
Looks like APR has UUID support:
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.2/group___a_p_r___u_u_i_d.html

I would prefer staying with APR if possible since I'd like to move other
parts of activemq-cpp over to using APR eventually.

We've been avoiding dependencies on other projects up to this point, to
avoid the user having to download and build multiple projects.  With
Java, distribution is a little easier since you can just stick jars into
your distribution and it will work for everyone.

I don't believe we can do something like this without having binary
releases (and then we would have to have a release for every
platform/configuration).  So unless someone can think of a better way, I
think we would just put some notes on the download page (prerequisites:
APR vX.X) and then make them go download it manually.

Thoughts?

Nate