activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HeadsUp] Camel library for POJO based routing...
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 06:43:35 GMT
great work! I'm impressed by how much has already been done!

btw - I'm considering putting a unique id on the exchange to support
message store and message history patterns but this would introduce a
problem - where does the unique id come from ?
I guess we have some options:

1. the endpoint generates it and sets it on the exchange
2. the endpoint asks the container for an id and then sets on the
exchange
3. we return a proxy from the container for the Processor(s) - which
automatically adds on an id and decorates the Exchange with any other
stuff which might be useful
4. the contract is changed - so the exchange is passed through the
container first - the container routes to the processor(s).

Being a traditionalist (crusty ;))- I like the last option but are
there other options which might ride the camel better ;) ?

cheers,

Rob