activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Do we really have to set a timestamp on the broker?
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:42:18 GMT
Well,

I've moved the existing broker time stamp logic to a
TimeStampingBrokerPlugin.  Anyone who depended on ActiveMQ 4.1.0's
broker time stamping behavior will now have to enable the
"timeStampingBrokerPlugin" in their broker configuration in subsequent
releases.

> Why not optional with a different property, so that the spec behavior
> is always consistent, but users can still get the custom data they
> need if the broker has some flag flipped on?

This sounds like a cleaner approach, but since the behavior is
different would need to be implemented a different plugin, or an
option enabled on the TimeStampingBrokerPlugin.

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com